Saturday, January 25, 2020

Apache Dance

No, not that kind.  La Danse Apache.  French.  Pronounces more like "Uh-Posh".

A violent looking number that I only picked up as a kid watching old cartoons on TV.  But this was a thing, pre-WWII. It gave me another excuse to beat on my little brother.



The things you pick up on as a kid. That folks don't pick up on nowadays.

Popeye and the Little Rascals and the Stoorges, all from the 30s. Bugs Bunny was from the 40s. I Love Lucy and Dennis the Menace and The Honeymooners were from the 50s. The Flintstones and Gilligan were from the 60s. All before my time, but I got the chance to absord them anyway.

Kids today don't. They abosrb other things. Differently.

Things I didn't pick up on as a kid? Clutch Cargo wasn't on my TV. Nor Sky King. Captain Kangaroo was, but it never held my interest. So, mostly absent from my cultural milieu. So it goes.

1 comment:

The Neon Madman said...

Johnny Quest
Rocky and Bullwinkle
The Coyote and the Roadrunner (still my favorite)
Warner Brothers Golden Age cartoons
Mad Magazine
GI Combat comics (The Haunted Tank and Sergeant Rock)

Hey, you kids! Get offa my lawn!