- M1A, and leaning toward the Fulton Armory Super Scout, with mags and accoutrement, over $2000+ (ouch).
- .45 ACP, leaning Mil-Spec Springfield, $700
- Colt 1908 Pocket Hammerless, $500-$900
- Bolt Action .308 or .30-06 with 9x scope, together, $1200-$3000. Or $500. Hard to tell. Perhaps a Remington 700 series, left handed, tack-driver.
- A Marlin Lever action like the 1894C, chambered in .357/.38.
- .22 semi-auto with a suppressor, like the Ruger MkIII, $900+, and that's after all the Class 3 rigamarole.
- Longer Shotgun, perhaps a double barrel, $200 (this one maybe covered by a longer barrel for my Remington Model 11, and the Sears 20 gauge)
- Bolt Action .22, free (covered by the recent Mossberg pick up)
- .22 Revolver , $250
- Ruger 10/22, $250
And that is pretty much in the order of desire, if not the actual order of future acquisition. If I got a new job next week, I'd hit that pocket hammerless in the #3 spot because I know where a nice one is. And the #2 spot is probably an April 15th purchase for Buy-a-Gun day. The M1A at the top is slow to acquire because of sheer cost and the fact the Garand I have needs tuning and fills its role. #4 may take a while because of extreme indecision and the decision to compromise at a minimum.
Golly, that's a lot of money when you write it down.
Notice the list has blended the primo's with the tertiary selections. I lucked out and got some recent pick-ups that fill the cheap-gun spots. The .22 pistols got short shifted, didn't they. Not really... See the next post.
But do I NEED them? Well, gun enthusiasts will understand the need. Very enthusiastic gun enthusiasts (gun nuts, bless 'em) will think I am short changing myself but not adding 20, 50, 80 more models to the list. Non enthusiast however... yes, for them I have all I need. A rifle to hunt with and exercise my rights, a 12 gauge for defense, hunting, and exercise my rights, a major caliber handgun for defense and exercise my rights, and a .22 for practice and hunting small game. And to exercise m... you get the point. For the gun banning types, I only need... zero. Well I am too far gone for that, now, aren't I?