Thursday, October 11, 2007

Never an AR

I didn't mean to be mean to a commenter that made and honest recommendation. It's not his fault, but.

I hate rifles based on the AR-15 platform


Hate, HATE, HATE!


Why? Well because Curtis LeMay liked them. And that McNamara guy was involved. Don't trust either of those guys. And they have the taint .223 round on them. (I know, I know, you aren't limited to that horrible cartridge, but you can't wash that off. It's like Angelina Jolie. She may go Ga-ga for me, beg me 'know' her in a Biblical fashion, but... I would never. She has the taint of Mssr. Thornton on her. That kind of taint don't wash off.)


Where was I? Oh yes, the reprehensible AR-15 platform. I just don't like it. Too much Aluminum. ALUMINUM! IN A RIFLE. Guns are made out of steel. Ships are made out of steel. Airplanes and beer cans are made out of aluminum. The AR-15 still jams too much, and after 50 years, you'd think they'd have figured out something better than a bolt assist handle to get it unjammed. And direct impingement gas operation get's a whole lot of bad press, most of if justifiably.



It's not like I have anything against Mr. Eugene Stoner. Au contraie, I respect his design ability. It's just that I prefer John C. Garand's design and think the derivatives of his work is the ultimate in Battle Rifles.


And I'll be dead dead dead in the cold cold ground before I accept an AR style. I'll throw ROCKS first.

Other than that, I have no strong feelings on the subject.


What? YOU want to by 6 of them in various flavor. I'll help you carry them all to your car. You can trust me to do so because, A) I'm honest like that, and B) you know I'd never try to take one for myself. I'm all for YOU getting one of those horrible things. Makes demand for the stuff I want go down.

1 comment:

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

I rejected some comments accidentally.

PN NJ said:
"FYI a similar sentiment by bloger Mad Ogre:
www.madogre.com/Interviews/Hate_the_AR15.htm"