Thursday, December 20, 2007

.45 Carbine

If you check my master list you'll see I have a couple REAL carbines on it.

(By "carbine" I mean short, rifle-like gun, that shoots smallish ammo. Like pistol ammo. I guess a semi-auto sub machine gun looking gun would qualify. Like a tommy gun, a Mini-14, M1 Carbine, or the weaker AR-15 -snort!- )


The lever action .357 is a definite. Marlin 1894C up there ^





And the other one is gonna be a .45 of some type. I kinda like the concept of a .45 version of the Marlin Camp Carbine, (above) but they don't make those new anymore. They take the mags out of a 1911, which is a huge plus. I hear Hi-Point was thinking of a making a .45. Man those are ugly, but they are supposed to work. The Berreta CX-4 Storm is VERY interesting. All nice, and here is the CX-4




And then I saw THIS:


Whoa! (Thanks MBtGE)

That's the new KRISS Super V CRB/SO .45 ACP Civilian Carbine. Nice look. Integral flashlight. Manly caliber. And it takes Glock 21 magazines. It's a gun like this that makes me reconsider my aversion to Glocks. Oh my. That'll make anyone with a fetish for Tactical styling feel a little tightness in their britches.
If I do get the KRISS, I'd almost HAVE to get the Glock 21 .45 ACP, and that complicates the gun inventory, if not the ammo inventory. So I lean Camp Carbine still. But MAN!

A mini-14 is on the list, but that's sort of another category.

3 comments:

Jay G said...

Wow. That puts the "F" in "FUGLY"...

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Heh. I know it's ugly but I LIKE the Marlin Camp Carbine.

Wugrut said...

The Kriss was built to be ultra reliable and tough. If only I felt like going through the trouble to get a SBR full auto version...