Friday, December 7, 2007

Gauge Came

The mailman came with a package from Brownells. It's the .308 field gauge. If, as I suspect, the Garand can close on it then the headspace is too loose for .308 (and I need to check 7.62!) and I am fooked, by Crom.


Wait one, as I go check.


Huh. The bolt didn't close on the .308 Field Gauge. I figured it would. Maybe this isn't a Navy Garand after all.


EXCELLENT.


All that worry for nothing. I can mix ammo. And I am not in a hurry to get a rifle that accept both .308 and 7.62. I HAVE one. A good and accurate one.


Master list, safe for now.

And I got a little grief from offline friends of the blawg, including MBtGE from over-worrying the issue. That brand new commercial brass in .308 was never gonna give me a problem and that the variation in a case lot would vary a couple thou anyway. Meh. Either way, I'm good.

No comments: