Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Intriguing!

Ruger is coming out with a mag fed bolt gun that shoots .357 magnum.  I like .357, so this might be interesting.  If it was a lefty.

A lefty one might make a donor rifle for my dream reproduction quasi-DeLisle, too...

But they already make a .44 magnum bolty, so I could have gotten one of those for my .45ACP silence rifle.  If they made a lefty.

I'm not even upset that it's a bit spendy.  But it doesn't matter how much it costs.  THEY DON'T MAKE A LEFTY.  Pah.

May the ghost of Samuel Colt, lefty extraordinaire (reportedly), haunt their gunsmithing nightmares.

5 comments:

Marty said...

http://www.srtarms.com/bison2.jpg

Murphy's Law said...

Hop on Gunbroker and find yourself a Ruger 96/44 Lever-action. Takes the same magazines as their other .44 semi and bolt guns...not that I think that it's any advantage over the old magazine tube that holds more and can be topped off more easily than a detachable magazine.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

I have lever guns. I want a lefty bolt gun.

Anonymous said...

"I have lever guns. I want a lefty bolt gun."

So why not get one? It's not like they're rare, handgun chamberings aside...

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

The kind I want is rare as hen's teeth.