Tuesday, June 14, 2011

More Nuttery

Speaking of gun nuttery.  I've been trying to figure out what I want to get next, firearm wise.  And I got nothin.  No single model is tickling my fancy whispering "buy me!  buy me!"

Maybe this is a maturation.  I've got one of each and a spare.  I have a smallish gunsafe that is now full with same.  I have upgrades to get.  Things like optics and whatnot.  But even those aren't jumping up and down on my covet button. 

Maybe this is a loss of interest.  Hopefully temporary.  The only thing I've been itching for is more target practice.  I've been busy lately, but even then I should make time, no matter how busy.  It's just excuse making. 

I'll mow the lawn tonite, and have tomorrow evening for the range.

9 comments:

Bubblehead Les. said...

Well, how many Variations on a Theme can one own? For example, if one just has to have a Glock 19 in Green to Replace the Glock 19 in Grey, then maybe there's a problem. If one has decided on their Level 4 Outbreak Battery, then buying multiple copies on the same Weapon to Issue to those who may show up w/o firearms would be a Good Thing. Ammo Standardization, parts replacement, etc. But for EDC, how many New Guns can one use? I'd go with the Ammo and the Practice and Spare Parts.

Unless you want to get a Semi-Auto Belt Fed Rifle in 7.62 Nato, of course. Nice to have around in case one needs to man a Barricade. ; )

Anonymous said...

I'm noticing the same thing at my end as well as with friends and co-workers.
Begining to feel like we're in strickly drill mode.
ar,us

Old NFO said...

Shoot... and shoot some more :-)

Marty said...

I think you need a Rhino.

That Guy said...

Get something goofy, that's only purpose is to make you smile when you shoot it.

Anonymous said...

ar-10.
Do it.

Boat Guy said...

Been in a similar quandry.
The Stoeger side-by with the rails in interesting...don't know if it has ejectors or not - that'd be the deciding factor

Anonymous said...

I have a relatively new Auto Ordinance 30 carbine up for sale for $600.00. Not sure where you live, but if you're planning to be in the north east Texas region in the next couple of weeks, contact me at markh@abcsinc.com.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention that this year for BAG day I bought both a 16" and a 20" AR-10...
Well, I figured I have to make up for ten years ago when I couldn't honor BAG day 'cuz I was broke from wasting money buying food for my children