Sunday, July 7, 2013

Personal Ammo Inventory

Before the market went crazy, I was actually doing quite well in the ammo department.  I keep finding spare boxes here and there.  I am in no danger of running out.

But the inability to replace ammo stocks reasonably has me more reticent about expending ammo at the range.  At least regular range visits.  I still have a reasonable pile of "not counted in the inventory feel free to blow through this" ammo.  I may want it to have more .38+P, but it does have .38spc.  I may want a few extra .40 for a training class here or there, but I can always switch to .45ACP. 

I suppose I am like many of you, waiting for the trend to reverse.  The scarcity of .22 is the most perplexing.  Why .22?  It's just... odd.  I do hope we see bricks of .22 at reasonable prices sooner rather than later.

3 comments:

West, By God said...

I actually found some .22 at a Bass Pro recently... They had a pile of it (of course, there was a huge line waiting to devour it.) I am in the same situation as you... I have a good stock of ammo, but I don't want to shoot it all up if I don't know for certain I can replace it. For a while, I was shooting a lot more .22 because the prices are up on everything... but now I'm more likely to shoot 7.62x39 because I don't want to waste .22.

Old NFO said...

I'm hearing another 6 months before stocks are caught up, and I've shifted to more .22 than larger calibers just in case, but stocks of .22 are now getting low... sigh

Bubblehead Les. said...

Good News! Went to buy a NEW GUN for the Fourth of July Independence Day Holiday Let Freedom Ring (for now) Extravaganza, and the place that I made my purchase has .22LR IN STOCK! One brick per person per day, and the Prices were High, but the Shelves had many, many Bricks on them, AND there was plenty of all the other calibers available! AND there were plenty of Guns for Sale, including a Rainbow of Camouflaged ARs for well under a $1,000.

Now this is the (current) Largest Gun Store Chain in Ohio, and there's still Ammo Rationing, BUT AVAILABILITY is no longer an issue, at least by me.

BTW, Breda, Big Mike, THOT, Momma THOT and I had a little get together at Pedium's, and Roboleg seems to be working fine. Have Fun!