Saturday, July 20, 2013

Type Cast

Blogging with a typewriter.  Gotta do that again...

I'd go on and on about linotype machines, but I did that last year.

I think of a typewriter as the 'attainable' printing press and typeset hobby.   While it would be neat to have my own shop to play in, who has the time unless you can devote your life to what it otherwise a fleeting interest.  A shop with a Heidelburg press and a Mergethaler linotype machine.  All in a 80 year old 5000 squarefoot industrial space...

Yeah, I can dream about the unattainable, right!  Even if I won Powerball I don't know if I could do such a dream justice.  Half the fun is in the longing.




1 comment:

Opinionated Grump (Rich in NC) said...

win the lottery...
then
tell your friends that you need Help
in your new shop that has
the
Heildelburg and the Linotypo (on purpose) and the lathe and the milling machine and see how much help you actually get... especially if you are making 'made in this state-sold only in this state' toys and stuff.
Pretty good Idea, no?
I know, first play the lottery, the win the lottery

Rich in NC