Saturday, November 1, 2014

Music

Music is the bane of my existence.  I hate earworms, and am susceptible to them.  And rare is the earworm you don't mind rattling around in your head.  And the good songs grow tiresome, even, if they are up there too long. 



Songs on the radio alarm clock immediately delete any memory of the previous night's dream.  Even more so than news announcers or commercials. 



I played in the school band for years.  Until 9th grade.  What a waste of time.  And the High School band instructor tried mightily to get me to continue.  No way that was going to work.  I had  done my time. 



I've never liked concerts.  Either boring or loud or both.  Hurt-my-ears loud. 
 

And night clubs?  Even louder.  And often claustrophobia inducing crowded.  Because of the volume you isolated even more because simple communication is impossible.  You are totally alone in a huge crowd of obnoxious sweaty people.



I'd ban it with my duruthers.  If I was emperor of universe.  Same with dancing.  And card playing.



---



But....



I have noticed that if you sing the jingle to the Meow Mix commercial in your head when you are shooting at the pistol range, accuracy is great improved.  Dunno why that is. 

2 comments:

Kristophr said...

Do you know the way to San Jose?

Doo doo doo-doo ...

Angus McThag said...

You, sir, are evil.

Next time a reader goes to the range, "meow, meow, meow..."

Well done.