Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Oh, and congrats

To Larry Hogan.  Maryland has a Republican governor again.  Which means a goodly number of Maryland Democrats crossed the aisle.  The state is 66% Dem.  And Larry won decisively, in a state that cheats at the polls for Dems.  It wasn't a squeaker.  9 points!  I guess Marylanders of a liberal persuasion have noticed all the big taxes that have come down on our wallets.

This is only the second GOP governor of my state elected in my lifetime.

Michelle Obama, Martin O'Malley, Brack Obama, NONE of them campaigning for the hand picked successor to O'Malley could not move the needle their way.

We were promised by the Democrats that the state would be wall to wall ARs if Hogan is elected.  Meh.  Wish it was a firearm I liked better.  But I'll take it. 

I'm just glad that the hemorrhage will be slightly staunched for a few more years.  It's been a while since someone I voted for in Maryland actually won....  Feels ok.

The biggest obstacle to gun rights in the Maryland Senate, Brian Frosh, is gone.  That's the good news.  The bad news is is that he is now Attorney General.  

2 comments:

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

As Uncle Joe Biden sez: "This is a pretty big F-ing deal."

Old NFO said...

I'm guessing it's an improvement... Could have been worse!