Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Gun Skool, Discouragement

Sometimes in class things go well and it feels like I am getting the hang of it and I am learning new things.  A few more guns like this and I do retire one day and make extra money just building 1911s!  I am great!  Well not great, but heading to ok, maybe even the bottom part of pretty good.

Other times I hope that next class I can drop the scroo-up to about 90% of what I was doing during that day's class.  It feels hard.  I am understanding less.  I am breaking stuff.

This previous weekend was more like that.

Anyway.  The thing for this weekend is fitting the bottom lugs and installing the proper barrel link.  I already knew this part was hard because we had done it before.  It's hard. 


My Dremel skills are WEAK!  WEAK!!!

2 comments:

Sdv1949 said...

I recommend a barrel leg cutter from Chambers Custom Pistols.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

We already do! I'll go over that in a future post.