Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Blog Bupkis

Hey, how bout that phone post yesterday?

I used that to stave off the Monday blahs, hoping Tuesday would bring me fresh inspiration.

Nope.

I blame the Leap Year.

Hmmm.

The gunsmith has an upper in the store he is calling a 5.56 BLK.  He show us it.  Someone put a magazine with .300 BLK in his 5.56 AR, used the forward assist judiciously, then pulled the trigger.

The bullet almost made it out of the barrel.  Which is AMAZING.  2 inches shy.  The gas port probably prevented full exit. 

No one was hurt, fortunately.  But that bolt and bolt carrier and not coming out easily. 

I like the idea of the .300 BLK.  You can deer hunt with it!  Down load the powder and suppress it and you have the equivalent of a .45 ACP!  (sarcasms) But man, confusing a mag scares me.

2 comments:

Ratus said...

Wow, it didn't go full on grenade kaboom?

Any idea why? Subsonic load, maybe?

Most of these go full grenade.

The only .300 blk I'd consider is maybe a Ruger American ranch.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

He jammed a .300 in a 5.56 and used the forward assist then KABOOM.

That's why.

Never do that.