Saturday, November 17, 2018

Pelosi Promises

A HUGE gun ban push in a few months after she gets the gavel.  Her or whomever.  But I am confident she will fend off challenges.

Of course.   This gun ban legislation, now, is as dependable as the sunrise.  It also, if it is the huge overreach they seem to be implying, doomed to failure in the Senate and by Trump's veto pen.

(If they were smart they'd go small ball with something passable and maybe trick Trump into signing it and thus hurting his 2020 chances.  IF they were smart...)

So.  Big flashy tyrannical bill.  January February time frame.  That means big panicky gun sales panic, maybe.

We see this coming months out.  Probable result: prices are going to go up.  Shortage are going to happen.  Slow motion train wreck we can see miles ahead of time.

Time to plan and act.

I saw this because maybe I should buy some range ammo now rather than later.  Avoid the rush.  Get a large order, now, because it might be months before ammo is plentiful or the price settles back to more reasonable.  If I am burning 50 rounds of .45, and my current stocks are 45% of their high...   Maybe 2000 rounds this time instead of 500?

I have lots of 9mm because I shoot it much less and accidentally bought an extra half case.

Ooo, .22.  I am back up near peak, but you remember how long it was before you could get ANY for a time?

Firearms?  Nothing burning. 

2 comments:

Bigus Macus said...

I've been working the gun shows in Virginia for over twenty years, for the clubs I belong to as part of my work party requirements. The October gun show was fairly quite with low traffic. I'll be working the show after Thanksgiving day weekend. I know from past experience is that it will be a zoo. And the Ammo will be the first to go.

ProudHillbilly said...

I shoulda gone to a good gun show while it was peaceful. Even if you don't buy anything it's like antiquing - fun to pick around. Now it will get crowded again and I don't like crowds.