Saturday, August 24, 2019

One thing I noticed

I was out of pocket for the Garlic festival shooting, the El Paso shooting, and the Dayton shooting.  So I saw no details.  And a week after each no factual details are forthcoming.  The news goes dark.

About the only thing I hear now in the Media is that they were Trump's fault somehow.

So, you can't trust details in the first 24-48 hours.  People publish rumor as fact in that window, and muddle the truth more than usual.  48-168 hours you get the more concrete information.  168+... nothing.

I dunno if that is good or bad.  Bad in that it seems they get swept under the rug.  Good, in that it denies the glory hound shooter the fame that at least partly motivated him.

But I got to go to wikipedia now to know anything, and I only half trust wikipedia on stuff like this.

El Paso
Dayton
Garlic




2 comments:

McChuck said...

Gilroy was a Muslim.
El Paso was an eco-fascist.
Dayton was a hard core Maoist.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

THAT's why no one talks about the garlic festival guy.