Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Range 26 Aug

I rented an M&P 9mm at the range.

Now, there have been too many suicides at my local range.  One is too many.  It's been more than that.  So, you wanna rent a gun, there has to be 2 of you shooting together, or you have to bring a gun of your own.

Makes sense.  Otherwise, it's suicide for the cost of a box of ammo.   Not even that.  You rent a gun, get a range slot, get a box of ammo, you pay for that when you are done.   You can off yourself for free that way.  Or you could.

But I brought my own gun, and like I said, they know me there, I go often enough.  I bet they'd rent one to me, a familiar member, with no issue.  But why test that?  Had a J-frame that I didn't shoot.  Wanted to shoot Commodity Plastic Service Pistol.  Because I need to. 

Much better than my revolver target a week ago, huh?








































25 feet.  9mm.  15 in the mag that went to the chest, 10 to the head, and 15 to that guy standing way off in the distanc.

I even hit that guy a coupla 5 times.  Gotta stretch.

And I knew when I flinched that one to the chest and them 2 or 3 to the head.

Sheesh, I shoot that dang thing better than the Hudson or the 1911s.  Disappointing.

I hate it when I shoot good with a cheap Commodity Plastic Striker Fired Service Pistol, but this is telling, no?  I think the mush trigger is easier to surprise me.  So I get better results than with my 1911's better trigger that I know where it will break.