Sunday, October 30, 2011

It takes all kinds of gunnie critters

To make a Shooting Community's fritters.

It's interesting what adults, on their own, making money, with little outside influnce, will select forthemselves when they look to acquire a handful of firearms for themselves.  People will even sorta pick a 3gun system all on their own without every laying eyes on a survivalist blog.

A quasi-hipster co-worker has:
Sig P250 9mm
Sig 556 Swat
Saiga 12g with a red dot, 20 rd drum, and a folding stock.

I wonder how much he has shot that Saiga?

He wants 2 more items.  A Deagle and a Barrett M82A1.  Both .50, in their own way.  And he may never get around to that.  So those 3 will do for a long long time for him. They aren't that shabby. 

I wouldn't pick that list, but that's mere personal preference.

1 comment:

Angus McThag said...

I've talked about this sort if thing a time or two.

I own a 12ga because I think I should, not because I really wanted, needed or use it. The 870 sits forlorn in the back of the safe most of the time.

But my first three guns were the three-gun combo. I got a Glock 17, Ruger Mini-14 and a Remington 870.

I found, later, that I liked .45 better than 9mm so I got a Glock 21 and all the various AR's have replaced the Mini. The original 870 has been sold and replaced twice since then.