Monday, April 22, 2013

Getting into a bad habit

Of running out of blog fodder on Mondays.  Yeahm got nuthin again...

I was in Virginia yesterday, so I was CCWing.  At a Lowe's.

All the talk about pressure cookers has me sorta wanting one.  Chili can be done with one.  Chowdah.  It's good for braising, and I wanna try some pork shanks that way.  Mmmm.  Plus KFC style fried chicken.

Another buddy at work is a better cook than me and is thinking along the same lines to get the gadget and expand his culinary horizons.  I told him, "I'll give you cash for two if you go to Bed Bath and Beyond and buy two pressure cookers for us.  Wear dark glasses and a hoodie, it's sunny out and a bit chilly."  He didn't think that was a good idea.

Does anyone else call that store Bloodbath and Beyond?

--

I'm a little hinky about all the house to house searches by SWAT teams done in Boston.  Lots of other blogs have been covering this.  Things must be done to STOP that sort of thing in the future, because had it been here and I was ordered to bunker in, I'd, naturally, have my M1A out and ready and telling any knock on the door to go away.  If the announced they were cops I'd say that it was just the homeowner at home, so they can save time by moving on to the next house as this one was well secured.  If they persisted I'd suggest, strongly, that they should come back with a warrant.  If they kicked my door in things would go pear shaped fast and no one would be happy after.  I hope my relatives, in such a circumstance, would sue the police over my wrongful death.

People have been congratulating the cops on this, but I'd say their actual behavior was a mixed bag.  Yes, they got 2 terrists and one of them was a cop killer and they did 4 days after the crime.  Those terrists will pose no further threat.  But this police state gestapo stuff doesn't cover them in glory.

--

Smile for the camera.  Just protecting and serving...

5 comments:

c-90 said...

They were just conducting an inventory of assault pressure cookers, prior to a future confiscation law.

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure that's assault with a deadly weapon shown in that pic....

Old NFO said...

Yeah, NOT the view I would like...

Cargosquid said...

Where were you in Virginia? Anywhere near Richmond?

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Manassas battlefield area.