Monday, October 10, 2016

Monday Bupkis is worse on a Holiday

Phone stuff?

I got one of these.  Blogged about it before.  My bestest phone and as old as my house.



But I also have a red trimline like this (not my pictures, either).  The dial lights up.  It is my bedside 3AM 911 phone.


But for 2 years the light didn't work.  Now it does again, inexplicably.  It was on my list of things to repair that just fixed itself with PFM.

Next up is to figure out how to change the lightbulb in this thing.  It's hard to get to the smaller bulb in the thigh.  I am sure there is something I am overlooking.




So many things go unfixed because I am trying to avoid making it worse. 

2 comments:

The Neon Madman said...

I had one of those desk phones for years. One of my kid's friends tried to use it once and wasn't sure how to make it work. Built like an M1 tank.

Wolfman said...

I dug up the second phone that my Grandfather ever had installed, and cleaned it up for my Dad to use. It looked very similar to that, but it was the Ivory model. Took a very few light touches of oil on the gears (and great care not to get any into the governor, lest the whole thing come out of time), and more than a few minutes with Simple Green and an old toothbrush, but it classed right up and is ringing and dialing happily away in his office. Old stuff is some of the best stuff.