Friday, September 22, 2017

Seen on Ace

Coincidentally, I've been reading a lotta Mike Hammer, lately.  The first six novels.

"I killed more people tonight than I have fingers on my hand. I shot them in cold blood and enjoyed every minute of it. I pumped slugs in the nastiest bunch of bastards you ever saw and here I am calmer than I've ever been, and happy too. They were Communists, Lee. They were red sons of bitches who should have died long ago."
-Mike Hammer

I haven't gotten to that part, in the books I've put away to date.  I'll tell you when I do.  I dunno what I think of Detective Hammer so far.  He's a tough guy that knows how to use his fist.  But he named his 1911.  "Betsy".  Even though he lost it and had to replace Betsy in the second book.  It's a gun, not a girl. 

Mr.  Hammer feels fine because:

In 1967, Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take human life, “I wouldn’t know, I’ve only ever killed communists.” 

Well.




No comments: