Sunday, December 21, 2014

M1911A2

Why didn't anyone tell me there was a new and improved version of the venerable M1911A1?  I'd  have bought 4 or 5 by now.  THE 1911 for the 21st Century.  Poor S&W, I guess they are gonna lose the pistol contract to Detonics.

Snark aside, I am half intrigued.  Love to play with one.  I am too jaded.

But wait!  Beretta, late of Maryland, is ready with an offer of their own!   

So, Smith and Wesson M&P45, a now new M9, and a clearly superior to all the rest except for the plastic bits 1911A2 with a double stack...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The M1911A2 concept was old news three decades ago. Check out this proposal by Dick Thomas.

http://www.americanhandgunner.com/1983issues/HMJ83.pdf#page=54

Old NFO said...

Yep, that's been around a while...

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Well, you folks need to invite me to the planning meetings more often.