Friday, March 6, 2009

Ammo Availability

Went to Bass Pro to get some stuff. Like a sausage attachment for my grinder. Also some range ammo for the .40 caliber SIG.

They had next to nothing. A few boxes of .38. Some 44/40. Maybe 10 boxes of Winchester .45 ACP target loads for $22 per 50. A few other esoteric calibers, but not in quantity.

No .40 S&W. At all.

The only thing plentiful was .223 and 9mm. And 8 shot 12 gauge.

Folks are right. No ammuntition to be had right now. Good thing I am stocked on .45 for range use. And .22. Enough for a coupla range trips for the .40, maybe 3 or 4 for the .357. Then I've hit the "don't go below" floor and I'm stuck practicing with the more plentiful varieties out of my bunker.

That's if ammo never comes back. In a month or two it should be more plentiful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just talked to the retail manager at my gun club yesterday. 9mm is impossible to find.

Likewise .308 and .223.

I did manage to score a case of 45 acp hardball for about half the price of my first mortgage.

Unknown said...

Supplies are really low...

I picked up a case of .223 Fiocchi. Wanted to buy a case of .45 ACP. But looking for cheap brass comparable to Walmart Whitebox.

Walmart has been empty for weeks now.

*sighs*

Almost all the big web sites, ammoman, ammodepot, midwayusa, etc. Are nearly out of everything as well.

Anonymous said...

Two gun shows a the supply was way down. Weekend before last there was tons of everything.

Lots of hand trucks going out!

Prices were up though.

Went to my favorite local gun store this week. They were good on everything but .223. (I was looking for .25cal that day. Battle packs of .308 were $129/200 rounds.

Clark Bros last weekend had everything but they are always a bit pricey.

Is that a prob in MD?

Anonymous said...

Got lucky up here in Vail. Our Sports Authority store had just gotten in a case of WWB 9mm value packs and a case of WWB .45 value packs 10 minutes before I walked in. Couldn't afford a whole case of either but I did manage to put a dent in both.

They also had Winchester 5.56 55gr. for $9.90 a box, picked up about 200rds leaving another 1500rds or so for my compatriots.

Between them and the local Wal-Mart, we seem to do okay ammo-wise.

Brass