Monday, March 2, 2009

New Trijicon

Trijicon has a new offering to compete with my desires for a red dot optic of some sort. To compete with Aimpoint and EOTech red dot sights. The Trijicon RMR:


And it's at the same pricepoint as the others. It has an excellent battery life, compared to the direct competitor, EOTech in that it's battery requirement is, um, none. The tritium and fiber taking ambient light are what lights the reticle. Good selling point.

So, if I have a bit over $400 to mount on a $300 rail system for my M1A, I'll join the 21st Cenury. I can get the more expensive magnifying type optics later.

And something struck me. Now that I'm old, my eyes are failing. I may NEED optics that can magnify 3x or so sooner than later, like the Trijicon ACOG. I could save money by spending $1000 now, rather than $400 now and $1000 later. The $300+ rail is a given either way.

Phew, this is an expensive little pursuit...

Here is an ACOG:





3 comments:

Mike W. said...

Couldn't you just put a magnifier behind the trijicon site, the way some folks do with EOTech's?

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

That's an option, but why? 2 expensive things that can break instead of one? And too clunky to mount on an M1A.

NotClauswitz said...

ACOG...drool.