Saturday, March 7, 2009

Hey, Wait!

A commenter mentioned...

I don't have a scary black rifle. The closest I come is that one in the heading. An M14 clone.

Sure it has a 20 round magazine, a flash suppressor, and it can mount a bayonet. Maryland thinks it's an 'assault rifle.'

Swapping the walnut stock to a synthetic black stock would take 15 minutes and $700. $750 with a pistol grip. THAT would be a scary black rifle.

So I guess I'm safe from gun bans. [sarcasm is on full bore at this point.]

Ok. I wonder if the anti-civil-rights Gun Banners would be happy if they agreed to swap all civilian ARs and accessories one for one with walnut stocked semi-auto M14... Heh. All those AR owners now sporting a MORE capable .308 rifle. Yeah, that'd make them happy. Wouldn't need any gun control after that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The M1A is scary enough in every way that counts.