Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Gun Sto

I went to my gun store this afternoon. I asked them if they had a machine gun shoot coming up. I knew they were planning one but they were still cleaning up after the floods this past spring. Soon, soon.

And I bought a couple boxes of Fiocchi .380. Just cuz. Low $20s. Muhrican is low $30. I thought of Breda's ammo woes as I did so.

I handled the single stack SIG, the P220, just to feel the grip and if it was much thinner. It is, but it is thick front to back instead of side to side.

1 comment:

Mike W. said...

Yeah my P220ST, though thin for carry, is definitely thicker front to back than some other guns.

The trigger reach when shooting DA is considerable, so if you've got small hands and / or short fingers it probably wouldn't work for you.

Of course some of that could be elleviated with things like a short trigger or slim grips. Ultimately though the P220 is a big gun and just isn't going to fit some people.