Friday, May 14, 2010

Insurance

Hey! My homeowners policy just came in the mail, They've increase the monetary value of firearms it covers. Now it's $10k, instead of $2k. That's better.

Plus there is the coverage that comes from NRA membership...

Hmmm.... Does anyone know anyone (or have you, gentle reader?) that has put in an insurance claim for destroyed or stolen firearms? What did that entail?

I'd prefer to go my whole life without finding out, but just in case, forewarned is forearmed. (Forearm? Like below my elbow? Huh?) Anyhoo, it is nice to know possible pitfalls navigating the claims system. Please share.

2 comments:

George said...

Good to know your cap, and keep adjusting it. I had 20K+ in firearms, but didn't know my cap was 5K. In addition, I had some serious health issues, so, I didn't get around to the NRA insurance right away. Turns out, there is a 1 year limit on making that claim. Learn from my mistakes! OH, and, even if you have a heavy safe (750#), make certain it's bolted into the concrete floor. v End result, less money and now only two firearms.

Old NFO said...

And good documentation of condition... Pics, etc. I use a program called Gun Safe that I've had for years, but it has pics, SN etc. also I keep a .pdf of the important info offsite in case the house burns.