Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Never

I NEVER give permission for TTAG to use any content from my blog.  I just wanted that on record.  He seemed like a decent enough guy in person but the unethical practices there is a real turnoff.  He has a habit of lifting content, usually unattributed, from other blogs and does no value-add.

Value-add?  If I go, "Tam was talking about Y with the Colt Pocket Hammerless and that reminded me I had similar issues, X, with my Colt Pocket Hammerless."  With a link to Tam's post and then I go on about a new subject: X.

"Exploring the ethics, morality, business, politics, culture, technology, practice, strategy, dangers and fun of guns."


It's not hard to come up with your take on a subject or generate brand new stuff.  Go to a gunshow, go out shooting, play with the stuff you got.  I do it every day.

Of course I would have to come up with content worth lifting these days...

2 comments:

Bubblehead Les. said...

Why this guy persists in taking stuff when probably 99% of the time, he could use it if he just asked first, I'll never know. Guess he can't admit that his Ego-Swollen Head is so big that he can't stick it where...

Mark/GreyLocke said...

Even if not asking how hard is Proper Attribution? If I see something I want to put on my blog I always include proper attribution plus the hat tip to where I find things. Those and a back link are just common courtesy when blogging.