Sunday, September 23, 2012

Retention Holster

So I have a couple Serpa holsters.  But the usual complaints about them has soured me on them as well.  You know the ones... the locking mechanism jams up tight at times, the release button is too close to the trigger and some folks forget their training when in a hurry and end up still USING that trigger finger after the holster has been released.

But since the Pittsburgh NRA convention I've noticed some thumb-button release retention holsters by many major holster manufacturers.  The initial runs were limited to models offered, and NONE of them offered lefties.

But I noticed PDB did some holster reviews.  All looking at retention holster that are alternatives to the Serpa.

I checked em out.  The one that stood out for him was Safariland's offering.  The one that stood out for me was Safariland.  Because they were the only one that offered lefty version for more than just Glock models.   So they got my money.  I was prejudiced for Galco, but they haven't caught up to me and my sinister requirement.





3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Y'all just need to recruit more lefty shooters :-)

Jon said...

Check out Edgworks holsters as well:
http://www.tacticalholsters.com/mm5/merchant.mvc

I have the XST for my Xd and quite like it. I belief they offer all their models with the left-hand option.



Windy Wilson said...

It's interesting to me to see how many bloggers are left handed. Also, on Theguncounter, how many posters are. "This means something." But I don't know what.