Monday, January 2, 2017

Holes in my familiarity

I can build a 1911, I can build an AR, I can take apart and put back together an M1 or M1A in the dark, I've been in the guts of a Smith revolver without marring the sideplate...  I am familiar with the workings of those shooting irons.

Including trigger time.

I know a bit about Glocks and other modern pistols.  They are easy peasy.

You know where my knowledge is near nil?  Beretta pistols.  AKs are even worse.  I may have never FIRED an AK clone in my life.  I don't even know how the safety works on that. Up, middle position, rock and roll?  Whatever.

I might have to correct that deficiency.  I know a Beretta I can play with.  But I don't know ComBloc enthusiasts.

The harder part will be getting them to let me clean it. 

3 comments:

Fyooz said...

lousy ergonomics but they can be assembled from a pile of rubble.

Steampunk.

clean mine out after you shoot it. just get to Cheyenne to take up the offer.

c-90 said...

NJT:

Simple weapons. You need to get a M1903 or M1903a3 and detail strip it. Try stripping the bolt down and putting back together.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

I've done that! Once you know the trick with the bolt it goes a lot faster.