Saturday, January 21, 2017

I had a dream...

My gun was ready for pickup at the gunsmith.  I checked voicemail...

Nope.

Drat.

Gunsmith is at Shot Show.  So maybe it is ready now, but...


He gets lots of calls like that.  "Is my gun ready?"  Most gunsmiths do.  And the gunsmith I've heard about that are worth anything are also meticulous.

That's Latin for "slow".

And YOU... want your gun back.  You like that gun.

So the customer and gunsmith are at loggerheads.  You want him to do it right.

Then there is the customer that drops the gun off on Saturday morning and calls late Saturday afternoon to see if it is ready.  Then first thing on Tuesday the phone rings.  Same guy.  And the gunsmith is closed Sunday and Monday.

"You, sir, are why the work order ticket for your gun has a spot where you initialed 'I understand $5 will be added to the final bill for every time I call to check if the work is complete'."  

4 comments:

Ritchie said...

I have a similar situation at the work mine. "When it is done I will give it to you. If I did not give it to you it is not done."

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

I think part of it is some customers think the squeaky wheel gets the front of the line grease.

That is erroneous thinking.

azmountaintroll said...

Two is one, and one is none. Anyone who needs a gun that badly should have arranged for a backup.

Windy Wilson said...

Your dream: Once I had a cap fall off a tooth. I had a dream that the dentist replaced it, so I overslept and wasn't able to get there at 7 am. When I finally made it to the dentist and told him that, he had to stop gluing the cap back in because he was laughing too much.