Friday, August 25, 2017

Got nuffin

So, some recaps from other places.

Kolbe v Hogan in Maryland is trying to get heard by SCOTUS.  It's a challenge to the Maryland AWB from 2013.  I hope it wins but would rather the CCW challenges advance sooner.  I'll take a win, and Alan Gura is trying to get in on the action.  Good.

I found out there hasn't been a Surface Warface Officer school since 2003.  Maybe that is why ships are bumping into things.  Oh ffs.  I am appalled.

Got some simulator training at Hatfields this weekend.  Fun. 


3 comments:

Jonathan H said...

Given all the recent problems in the NAVY (primaryily 2 surface collisions and LCS maintenance), I almost wonder if the last administration wanted the NAVY to fall apart and be useless... Probably not that intentional, but still a 'benign neglect' that has gone on long enough it is no longer benign!

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

I dunno. 16 years of war you get a lot of money shifting around to operational priorities.

THIS is why you declare war, have clear victory conditions, then WIN war and go back to defense spending status quo ante bellum tooty sweet.

rick said...

One of my prized possessions is a fine Cross pen bearing the crest of the Surface Navy Association. It was my award for being the "Top Conn" in my SWOS class in the late 80s. I can't even imagine how you practice man overboard and pier approaches without actual ships and water.