Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Gun Lawyer

This lawyer is trying to drum up business, but this page describes the strictest Maryland interpretation of gun transport.

"Can I stop for gas on the way to and from the range if my guns are all in lock boxes and in the trunk, T-Bolt?"

Depends.  Is the prosecutor at your coming gun trial a ball-breaker?  If so, don't stop for gas.  Don't run out of gas either.  Or break down.  Or get in an accident.

"What is a Maryland Designated Collector?"

Well, it's like a C&R, but for the state.  I am one, but I have no idea where that little piece of paper is.  The state police see me on the list though.  Maybe I should get another one.  No fee associated with the letter, so why not?

"Then what is an informal exhibition?"

It's me coming to your house and saying "Hey Fred, isn't this a cool 1911?" then leaving.  Maybe.  Depends on DA Ball-Breaker. The law if foggy on what constitutes an informal exhibition.  Do I need to set up tables and have a beef jerky vendor?  Doesn't say.

The Collector bit also helps you buy more than one gun a month.  Which I have managed without declaring my status, so...  The laws seem to be more of a guideline.  Only deployed against ya when they want to deploy against YOU.

Even in DC, tho, more than 40% of gun cases are just dropped.  You get arrested, arraigned, then home you go.  Minus your defense fees.  And God help you if you failed to appear at one of your court appearance when they were just going to drop the charges.  Fresh warrants. 

No comments: