Friday, May 15, 2009

Useless Gun Meme

There is a Meme going around. "Top Five Impractical-But-Cool Firearms." I really can’t participate. I haven’t shot enough variety to know. I’ll leave this meme to people less n00b than I, have shot a lot, or SOLD a lot of different guns.

Tam DID cover a gun I used to have. SPAS. I was taken in my the coolness factor and HAD to have it. Wish I still had it, as I bought mine for $500 and I could sell it for $1000, easy, today.



It really was cool looking. And I really couldn't make heads nor tails on how to operate it. It sort of developed a buying philosophy for me to follow from then on. "Don't buy a weapon that you need a mentor that needs more than 4 minutes to show you basic operation of said weapon."


It took about 30 seconds to show me how to operate and FIELD strip a Garand. I still think I'd need 15 minutes or more for a SPAS 12. And it is heavy, and is bulky.





2 comments:

Borepatch said...

I hate to expose my total ignorance, T-Bolt, but what on earth is that hook thing on the stock?

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Beats me. Mine didn't come with one. A hook that attaches it to your shoulder? Something to gaff a swordfish with?