Thursday, September 10, 2009

Huh...

So THAT's what I have. A mild case of Stendahl Syndrome.

It causes rapid heartbeat, dizziness, confusion and even hallucinations when an individual is exposed to art, usually when the art is particularly beautiful or a large amount of art is in a single place. The term can also be used to describe a similar reaction to a surfeit of choice in other circumstances, e.g. when confronted with immense beauty in the natural world.

Most recently, I experienced it at gun shows, the the effect has faded with subsequent trips and acclimation to the stimuli.

When I entered a gun show for the first time it was sensory overload. So much neat stuff to see, and so little time in the day. It made it hard to concentrate. I suspected that that may happen and it's why I write a list of things to purchase down on something. Otherwise who knows what I might shell out money for. I might take a tripod for a MG42 home accidentally.

Kinda cool, but where would I find a use for that?

1 comment:

Borepatch said...

Oh, right. Come the Zombiepocalypse, you'll wish you srung the bucks for that baby.

Sweeeeet.