Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Rush to Metro

Hey, look. Rush has a bit on guns.

Rush is another ostensible MetroCon. He lives in the city and doesn't come into contact with firearms much anymore. But gun rights get's on his radar when something like Ft Hood comes up and he can't ignore it.

Limbaugh's conservative instincts puts him decidedly or 'our side' of the issue. He just doesn't obscess over it like some of us Gun Rights Enthusiasts. I never thought he should. It'd be nice if various MetroCons threw us a bit more than the occasional bone, but the paucity of posts on their part does not make them the enemy. Some very extreme Gun Rights Enthusiast seem to be of the opinion that if you don't share their enthusiasm then you are a traitor to the cause and will eventually fall into the 'enemy's' camp. Fortunately, there are less of these than there used to be, I think. And that is a good thing.

(I may be a neophyte WRT shooting, but I have observed the gun rights movement from a political interest all my life. Before I started shooting regularly I was almost a MetroCon, after all.)

h/t Alphecca.

No comments: