Monday, October 26, 2020

You know someone?

 Of course.

I'm shocked that only half of Americans know someone that got the Rona.  

There have been a dozen at the office.  None I know, tho.  Don't count.

My work wife?  Her real husband tested positive.  I know him.  That was only a month and a half ago.  He didn't spread it to anyone else. 

A buddy I've camped with got it, and he had co-morbidities.  Spent half a day in the ER not breathing well.  They gave him anti-biotics to fight off pneumonia and he got better.  His missus caught it.  She got better.  They all got better.  I know no deaths from the WuFlu.

4 comments:

Jonathan H said...

I know 2 people, neither well, who had positive tests for it. Neither had any symptoms.

ProudHillbilly said...

Know a nurse who got it because her ex-hubby is an a-hole. His live in gal got it and he didn't mention it when he took the kids. The kids who then had mild versions and gave it to their Mom. The really bad part is that one of the kids is in the seriously pre-existing range. And her problems have escalated radically since dear old dad let her be infected.

emtgene said...

My rural AL county has had 2009 positive with 25 fatalities, in a ~60,000 population county. I know or was friends with 3 of the fatalities.

scott said...

My wife and I think we both had it in early Feb. Nasty chest colds that lasted 3 weeks (not usual for us) and both lost sense of taste during (a big indicator of C19).

And she is 68, I'm 64.

If so that's 2 more un-counted cases in the survival column.