Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Illness

There wasn't fever during the worst of it.  But there are half hours at a time when it spikes up to 99.9.

I feel bad, but if this is Covid it in no way lived up to the hype.  Despite all my misery, I'd expect Covid to be times 2 this, based on all reports.  I doubt it's Covid.  I never lost a sense of taste.  What little I have eaten has popped with flavor.

Running out of sick time fast.

Weakness and easy fatigue is my biggest current issue.  Oh, and the ongoing difficulty to swallow that's been building up longer than I had this cough/cold.  And almost certainly contributes to me weakness.  Two ceiling lightbulbs have burnt out this week and I am too weak to replace them.

Cough has moderated to 33% of its peak.  I only have a runny nose after a coughing jag.  O2 numbers are 95% or higher.  

Weird other symptom?  Body odor.  I rarely stink, but the past week?  Hoofa.

The swallow thing worries me the most.  I wonder if the Oncologist will continue to ignore that symptom when I see him tomorrow.  Prolly down another 10 pounds because of it, and he weighs me.  Pathology report on my biopsies must be ready by now.

In good news, the foot ulcers are making slow progress, so that is good.

4 comments:

Thomas said...

Sorry to hear that about the fatigue, feel better! I'd think your oncologist should be proposing something re your weight loss- it's understandable during the course of some therapies but it needs managing if the treatments will be going on for a while longer.

Mike V said...

I had Covid in January, the Omni according to my Dr. I’d have sworn it was a bad sinus infection. I didn’t lose my sense of taste either, but I was more tired than I usually get with sinus. It took a couple of weeks after to feel like I had my strength back, but I chalked that up to being 65, not 25.

McChuck said...

Strep throat?

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

They didn't check, but my throat isn't red, nor does it hurt. If it's there the antibiotics will settle its hash.