Saturday, October 25, 2008

Eastwood

Clint Eastwood. Badass.
In the upcoming movie Gran Torino:





Note the Garand and 1911. Old School Butt-Kickery.


Dudes! Don't mess with Harry Callahan. Even if he is retired and goes by the name Kowalski.


A guy like this lives in my neighborhood. Champion Archery competitor. Big fan of the M3 Greasegun. I do computer consulting for him in exchange for beer, and he watches the street. 82 years old. Naval Petty Officer in the Pacific during the Big One. (Down the OTHER side of the street is the Atlantic Petty Officer...) Mean and crotchety as all git. I'll miss him when he's gone.


If he had a Greasegun, I wonder who he'd ATF transfer it to? But how could he have gotten one? It's not like he hung around a lot of Marines getting to ready to land on Japanese held islands in the early 40s, and occasionally those Marines had to come back to the ship all patched up and stuff and not needing their subby any more...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I'm not a hero."

That's right, Clint, but you're acting like a Citizen. This country produces heroes, yet it is in desperate need of Citizens.

When enough Citizens enforce a code of conduct, it's no longer "vigilantism". And the broad misuse of that word stems from an ignorance of the Citizen's power to arrest criminal acts, and his natural right to defend himself.

aepilot_jim said...

Okay, that's one I'm going to have to see in the theater. Don't think I can wait till the DVD.

BTW, Word Verification: nonefu. Honest, I can't make this stuff up.

Bob said...

Whoa! Thanks for the preview. I've wanted Clint to do a last Dirty Harry movie, I guess this is as close as we'll get.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the heads-up...

Definitely want to see that one. I'm glad to hear of it too, I was getting worried Eastwood might have given up acting for directing.