Friday, October 31, 2008

Reason to get a Ruger 10/22


There is a reason, perhaps, to promote a simple Ruger 10/22 higher up on the Master List. Quite a few reasons, actually.

I can shoot it more places. Even at an indoor range. Can't say that about the M1A.

The ammo is certainly cheaper.

It's not that expensive a gun.

It uses magazines, so you can simulate practicing with a magazine fed major caliber rifle like the M1A with the cheaper quieter .22.

A lot of practice with a 10/22 is less scary to the hoplophobes if they see you doing it.

If you add an after market Peep Sight to the rear it trains more like the iron sights on an M1A.

If I ever go to an Appleseed, I'd probably want to bring a 10/22. For cost reasons, alone.

8 comments:

breda said...

I'm slightly shocked that you don't have one already!

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Well... I'm sorta waiting and thinking on getting the suppressed version...

Anonymous said...

I have the suppressed version!

I love it!

Jay G said...

I don't have a 10/22 either.

Yet...

Here's another reason to get one: Obama doesn't want you to have it...

(Wow, weird choice of word verification: prdner)

Anonymous said...

I don't think you would get good magazine practice with it. The mags have a very different shape from a normal magazine.

Earl said...

Having done an Appleseed shoot with a single shot, I wish I had a 10/22 with military sights, sling and attitude, dude. Treat yourself right, you have the big dog, get the puppy.


gones

Brad K. said...

A nice writeup of the Israeli use, as a suppressed sniper rifle.
http://www.ruger1022.com/docs/israeli_sniper.htm

The Customer said...

My number one reason for getting one would be when the zombie apocalypse comes, in theory it will be all you should need.