Monday, October 20, 2008

Goal Recap

Let’s go over the goals again, shall we? They are over there on the right hand side.

My new M1A rifle is the cat’s meow. I shoot it much better than I deserve to, with iron sights, and for that success I blame the rifle. I haven’t tested myself on longer than 100 yard ranges, but I feel I could do ok at past that. As for shooting as far as I can see, I have temporarily solved that problem by squinting a lot and avoid clear days and open vistas. So, that goal continues apace.

I’ve improved my accuracy with a pistol, but I’m still not where I want to be. (I wish I could shoot half as good as Breda.) I have signed up for a Conceal Carry Class to get a permit for bunch of OTHER states than the one I live in. More importantly, that trainer might be a good source of additional training to get my pistol accuracy up. I own a perfectly good self-defense pistol and I am drooling after yet another.

Hunting season is around the corner. More potential hunting areas are open to me, but I still have to test my skill and luck. I’ll need more of the latter to make up for my lack of the former. I also need to renew my hunting license online. Soon . We’ll see if I get anything in the next few months. Of course, if I do, or if MBtGE get something, one of the important steps of this goal is the field dressing and butchering. I’m sure he won’t mind the help.

I’ve got a good start on the ammo. I’ll probably snag a few more boxes of .22. So I am more ready for those damn Zombies. I have a zombie rifle and a back-up and one or two others. I am hoping the Jacobins, and their time machine from the 18th Century, remain incompetent, as I prepare further. Maybe Appleseed training?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have one word for you: Boomershoot. All kinds of Jovian thunder there, and pretty much as far as you can see, too.