Monday, February 23, 2009

Hot Weather Carry

More Xavier. His thoughts on hot weather carry should be listened to, since he live in that arctic wasteland known as Louisiana.

In Maryland, I am a shorts and t-shirt type of guy 4 months out of the year. Elastic waistband shorts. Only a Speedo is less practical for CCW. Though you might impress some ladies if you carry in your Speedo. Odd ladies. "Look at what THAT guy has. An odd shape, but my curiosity is piqued..."

If I carried lots I'd have to think about Cargo Shorts and a belt as a permanent wardrobe change. And probably get an even SMALLER gun. Or sport the Colt 1908 Pocket Hammerless.

Or use my Maxpedition Fatboy man-purse. That Fatboy can be a year round thing, but it seems less secure than a holster. I picture a purse-snatch. Explaining to the cops that a bad guy got my multi-tool, hipster moleskin notebook with all my secret-Diary thought, a Surefire flashlight AND a gun would be the end of my dignity and self-respect. And there is also the risk of just leaving it somewhere. Horrors!

6 comments:

Sigboy said...

I also have been considering a fat boy from Maxpedition, I do like the idea of having everything in one spot, kind of a grab and go thing.

breda said...

Hey, if we chicks have to modify our wardrobes to carry, so should YOU.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

You don't want to see me, Speedo-carry, missy. Trust me.

breda said...

I was thinking of perhaps something with a belt.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

I'll need a stiff belt of liquid courage to venture out in public sporting a Speedo...

Anonymous said...

There is also the "Fanny Pack":

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/30068-33.html

I can carry a full size Glock .45acp in this.

I also like small guns for hot times in gym shorts and T-shirts:

Kel-Tec with the clip http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/KEY016-33.html