Thursday, February 12, 2009

Magazine Woe

So the Springfield factory magazines don’t work so well anymore. Either various brands of bullets got slightly bigger, or the mag lips tightened up in the range bag. It is harder to load one of these magazines, now. What the? How did THIS happen? They travel in the bag upright in slots, not crushed in the bottom, so I doubt they’ve been shmushed.

Back when I tried Fiocchi and it did this, I figured it was Fiocchi. I can avoid a brand. But I always used Magtech, from the first round fired in the pistol.

I’ll test Remington later.

The McCormick magazines are not showing this flaw.

2 comments:

Tam said...

Springfield's factory mags are made by Metalform, but they are not the goog kind of Metalform that you get when you order them individually; they are bulk produced and frankly notso-hotso.

I would recommend buying premium Metalforms from Brownell's, or buying Wilson 47D's, and only keeping them loaded with seven rounds.

Anonymous said...

I love my Glocks...