Monday, February 9, 2009

New to Blog Roll

I usually just add stuff to the blog roll as stuff strikes me, but there are two standouts I want to add.

One Blog is The Shootist, by Gordon Hutchinson. He is the author of the Great New Orleans Gun Grab and was on Gunnuts radio last week. He is a great story teller, both in print and with the spoken word. Check him out.

I like the name of his blog. One of my favorite John Wayne movies, the Duke's last, and Jimmie Stewart's last Western, and apparently the book is even better than the movie. I must check for the book at the local purveyor of print.

Colonel Jeff Cooper preferred the slightly different term: Shotist. When he didn't describe himself as a Pistolero, usually when eating corn tortillas.

The other Blog is On Second Opinion by David E. Young. He is an academic type and editor of The Origin of the Second Amendment. His blog is fact checking the erroneous assertions of those that would strip the Civil Rights of Americans.

2 comments:

Bob said...

If you liked Wayne's version of The Shootist, don't waste your time on the book. The mentor relationship he developed in the movie with the Ron Howard character isn't part of the book, and in fact, the Ron Howard character in the book is an evil little shit. Don't waste your time reading it, you'll regret doing so. I certainly did.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Ugh! I corrected a LOT of grammar and spelling errors in that post. I'm pretty bad, but PHEW, what a stinker.

Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes it eats you.