Saturday, February 28, 2009

Rifles of Buddies

Chuckles and Corky are both Sport Utility Rifle deficient. They waited too long, now there are none to be had. And with possible (???!!!) AWBs being talked about, their sporting purposed rifle of choice may be even more difficult/expensive to obtain.

Hey, at least the President stimulated ONE section of the economy. And it didn’t cost the taxpayers any money at all.

Well, they weren't taxed, but the rifle prices have gone up 50%. When you can find them. There are a few starting to show back up in stores.

Anyhoo. They want an AR-10 and are agonizing over the standard choices… Is DPMS good enough? Is an AR too good, in that it is more expensive than it has to be because of the name? What about the Blurfleboomer variety? I hear the Blastomatics are just cheap knock-offs. I can’t help them, I’ve done next to no research on AR varieties. At least there is less to research when you want .308 over .223. Fewer varieties of AR-10s out there.

And there is ONE unsold AR-10 DPMS lower, Colt upper, and a few AR-15s at my gunstore, Engage. I told them. Will they do anything about it? Snoozing and losing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a few people at work who are starting to make some mouth noises about buying an EBR before it's too late.

Anonymous said...

I got my Armalite AR-10 just in time. I was considering getting another upper with a different config but that alone is now double what I paid for the whole rig.