Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Money Spending.

So there is not much on The List. Just the springtime purchase of a snubbie revolver. I got the money for it, this time. No consumer credit no more.

I have other pennies saved up in the gun budget, but no guns to spend it on. I just about have one of each and a spare. Sure, there is interesting stuff out there I might get some time, but nothing urgent.

So what to do with the budgeted money? Spend it on new linens? A lawn fertilizer service? Naw…

Some is for pistol training. Help improve my limited skills

But I think the next gun related durable good is going to be for the rifle. It needs that holographic optic. Before that it needs a rail to put the optic on. And those items are expensive. Like new-gun expensive. Time window for completion... Before next winter?

So there you have it.

What else? I am looking for good magazines for the M14, too, I guess. I have a bunch, but there might be some empty spots on the bandolier/bandoleer. And I want decent ones. Magpul makes little rubber band thingies for .308 sized magazines now. I might try them out.

Always can spend money on ammo, right? Well yes, you replace what you shoot, but I am halfway decent on stored ammo and target ammo and training ammo, actually. Just as long as I keep on top of replacing what gets used up.

But as for money… I’m looking to improving what I got without going overboard. So that’s what I’m gonna concentrate on. I’m trying to think of a big ticket item I haven’t considered for the queue…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know Blue Press has new Korean M14 Mags. At $20 it may be a good try.

JB Miller said...

Hot spares. 2 is 1...