Saturday, April 29, 2017

Vidja games

This might draw my interest

In the 90s, I was too busy working for a living to get involved with computers.  Lifting heavy things, being sure the beer tasted good.  I missed most of the games from then.  Doom.  Wolfenstein.  Starfox.  Half Life 1.  Battletech

But then I got a job in computers.  Because they pay better than lifting heavy things and at the time they were hiring anyone that could spell 'HTML.'  I ended up getting a machine that could play video game properly, all for my ownself.  And a cable modem.  The first two games I got just by looking at the pretty boxes on the shelf at CompUSA was Morrowind, by local Bethesda games, (and that lead me through the years to Skyrim and Fallout 4...) and Medal of Honor, a WWII first person shooter.

I was hooked on both.

Now eventually WWII fell out of style in the video game realm.   Understandable.  Everything can be overdone, and WWII was.  Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, and Battlefield moved on to more modern or futuristic settings.

But now Call of Duty is releasing a new WWII game.  And I am interested.   Though I don't have the time and twitch reflexes of 15 years ago, I will prolly still play it...




2 comments:

Jerry The Geek said...

No mission too difficult, no sacrifice too great.
Duty first.

The full motto of the 1st Infantry Division.

Constitutional Insurgent said...

I'm a fan of the older Call of Duty games, and I'm intrigued. But I'm on a Mac. And on satellite internet....so if this is multiplayer only....I'm out.