Monday, April 24, 2017

When suppressors are legal

I'm....

Well, not gonna get one.  None of my guns are threaded.   I'd have to GET something with threads.

Wait, I've done gunsmithing.  Maybe I could fit a barrel myself?  Hmmm, that underlug is tough...

It's not like I don't like suppressors. A .22 and a .45 would be neat. I don't see the point on a .223 or .308. But I'd find the other kinds, the .22 and .45, fun to use. They just aren't as high a priority for me.

I'd much rather get to CCW like you people.  CCW everywhere.  Like on the Metro.  Because I don't want to be stabbed without a chance. Those of you living in more friendly jurisdictions care less because you got yours. But as long as people in New Jersey can't tote a concealed Glock inside their waist band then NONE of us are free.

4 comments:

Comrade Misfit said...

Can't CCW on public transportation on Missouri. The only place in the state where it is a felony to CCW when one has a permit is on public transportation. Even in courthouses, all they can do is arrest you if they ask you to leave and you refuse to go.

You can speculate why is that.

Bob said...

I see threaded replacement 1911 barrels at Brownell's, just buy one of those.

New Jovian Thunderbolt said...

Fitting the barrel is one of the hardest things to do. It's the underlug stuff.

Underlug and sear. A lot of art and finesse needed.

Punzdeleon said...

Actually we do care about CCW everywhere. There are many cool places I'd like to visit but would have to leave my gun. With a handicapped wife my only choice is to stand and fight. Ya'll deserve to have your keep and bear arms rights not to be violated. Suppressors would be nice but only as icing on the cake. If I want to shoot quietly I use a 22LR rifle with low velocity ammo.