Friday, April 28, 2017

"You should get some training"

Said like, "You should finish your broccoli."

Aw, mom, do I have to?

Actually, it's not necessarily said that way, but that's the way a lot of people hear it, no matter how it is said.

Last time I was out with Sam he was his usual gunsmith self and watching out for noobie to be sure they didn't point the muzzle to their 9 o'clock, where we were standing.  He suggest there are training options to make them learn more, but he did it like... well... a gunsmith.  All knowledgeable and serious. 

It's how he weeds out the uncommitted.  Being all gruff.  Did it to me when I first went in the store.  "Naw that gun sucks, there is nothing I can do for it at a decent price."  It did suck, and it will be expensive to make good.

But that's neither here nor there.  Back to the subject:  Training.

It's not broccoli.  It's dessert!  Training is fun!  Sure, some instructors are awful.  You know what?  There are other instructors.  Try another one.  I get a lot of enjoyment out of training.  And my pace of improvement is glacially slow.  Still a blast to do.  I've got to overcome some inertia and find more instructors to try out. 

Anyway, I told those people at the range.  The noobs.  You don't just learn stuff and safety.  It's also fun.

No comments: