Thursday, October 3, 2019

Amber Alert

So that lady cop that murdered that guy in Texas when she walked into the wrong apartment in her own building got convicted of murder.

Good.  I'd hate for a cop to mistakenly walk into my house and pop me one while I was sitting on the couch, munching on sumthing, watching Netflix.

Heard thing like "How could she screw that up, dude had a HUGE red door mat"

Maybe she was drunk?  That's why she missed the doormat?

Naw naw.  Even too drunk for me to drive to my house from somewhere if I walked into the wrong front door and the house was dark except for a TV glow down the hall it still would smell different.  Even with a cold and drunk it'd smell wrong.  And the question mark wouldn't be "someone made my house smell wrong and is still here!"  The question mark would make me question deeper than that.  Strange unfamiliarity question mark.  Enough to not just air out some fool in 'my' house.  Enough to make drunk me hesitate on trigger pulling.

And that is just one of the things about this case that made me squint with a dubious gaze.

10 years in the Big House, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...when she walked into the wrong apartment in her own building..."

I probably just missed the explanation, but I'm not aware anyone explained how she could just "walk in" to a different apartment. Most modern apartments have automatic closers on the entrance door, many automatically lock on closing, and even without all that why would someone in an apartment not lock their door? This ain't the "socially trusting 1840s" anymore and there's no way one can know who else is renting in the building, or whom they may invite as guests, whether the renters or guests know what floor to go to, or even what floor they may be on.

IIRC there were "suspicions" of "involvement" between the cop and the victim, meaning she may have had a key, but I don't know any of that was ever confirmed.

ASM826 said...

This one stinks. The only reason it was investigated as premeditated murder was that she was a cop.

Tam said...

She didn't walk into the wrong building, she parked on the wrong floor of a parking garage and walked to the apartment directly above hers.

Now, take your plate carrier, daypack, and the bag you carry your lunch in, loop all that stuff over your left arm, and hold it in front of you across your chest. Look down. What color floor mat are you standing on?

I'm just got by all the people who didn't listen to a minute of testimony but are relying on the MSM to get it right this time. Like they did with Zimmerman.

ASM826 said...

And now the primary witness to the whole thing has been killed, too. Stinks even more.