Sunday, October 20, 2019

Voting record

Everyone is doing a mea culpa.  "I am so sorry I voted for Mitt Romney, what a crap weasel he turned out to be."

"I am so sorry I voted for Egg McMuffin in 2016.  All he had to do was not go kookoo banananas."


Well, I voted for McCain, but only because of Sarah Palin.  I was gonna vote for no one until she got on the ticket.  I don't regret that.  Because of her.

I did NOT vote for Mitt.  I live in Maryland, it didn't matter.  I voted for no one for president.  And I am glad I did.  I am glad some deep Dem OP didn't fool me into not supporting a decent conservative fighter, throwing the re-election to a guy as bad as Carter.  Turns out Mitt isn't decent, or conservative, and was always a loser. 

I held my nose with Trump, but that was because he wasn't Hillary, and had a chance.  If slim. No way he would win.

I still don't believe he did.

He's been a pleasant surprise exceeding my standard of "he isn't Hillary."

Can you tell I am reaching for flog bladder?  Er, bog fluffer?  BLOG FODDER!

So what is gun related about Trump, that loudmouth vulgarian from Queens that few like yet voted for?

Well, I am nervous about future gun cases.  Because there is a risk, even if Trump already HAD replaced Ginsberg you don't know how the cases will go until they do.  Like New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Inc. v. City of New York, New York.

Lets assume that one stays on the docket (and there is a chance it will get yoinked.  New York thinks they will lose so retreated and repealed to avoid getting dragged to SCOTUS, hoping to moot the whole thing.)  So, it goes up and let's say it rules on our favor.  5 to 4 or 6 to 3.  What does that mean?  It means someone in New York city can take his gun to a range, minimum in that case.  But the devil is in the details.  It could be really good news.  Shall Issue in all 50?  Constitution Carry in all 50?!  These are too much to hope for.  But could happen.

Of course a lot of YOU don't care.  You got carry.  Florida might care.  It might make that whole "slip and print while concealed and someone sees you can get in trouble."  It's nice to plug up situations like that for Florida, in cases that no one in Vermont or Alaska gives a fig about.  A whole host of things could get corrected for the better in Maryland though.

A little or a lot of corrective, it is all because Trump won and Hillary lost.

"But Trump banned arm braces and bump stocks, T-Bolt! He's not on our side?"

Maybe.  Maybe not.  I can see this Trump guy being slippery with ATF regs.

1 comment:

McChuck said...

I've finally escaped from the People's Democratic Republic of Maryland!
Freedom!!!

There's actually a store nearby that sells alcohol, tobacco, and firearms. In that order behind the counter.

The gun laws here amount to, basically, "Sure, have some."